Diana and Carrie talk the sparkly glam slinkster cool world of Weetzie Bat by Francesca Lia Block, including classic LA eateries, ubiquitous avocados, “fancy” family meals, questionable burrito contents, and strawberry sundaes with marshmallow topping.
- Diana: Cheese-and-Avocado Sandwich
- Carrie: Linguine with Clam Sauce
- Bonus: Weetzie Bat Mocktail & Strawberry Ice cream w/ Marshmallow Topping!
- Francesca Lia Block’s Website (where you can purchase autographed copies of many of her books!)
- Huffington Post Interview
- Salon Interview
- Rookie Mag Interview
- The Toast Interview
- Weetzie Bat inspired Guacamole Tostadas recipe on “Good. Food. Stories”
- Schwab’s Pharmacy
- Tiny Naylor’s
- El Coyote
- Noshi Sushi
The intro music clip in this episode is “Send Me An Angel” by the music group “Real Life”, outro is Iggy Pop’s Lust for Life.