- 1/2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 6 oz. Chorizo, sliced & quartered
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth or Red Wine
- 1 Medium Onion, julienned
- 5 Garlic Cloves, crushed/minced
- 1 tsp. Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 1 Cup Small Sweet Peppers (red, yellow, orange) & Green Bell Pepper, cored & sliced
- 1 Cup Mixed Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup Kalamata Olives, de-seeded, cut in half
- 1 Cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- 14 oz. can Crushed Tomatoes
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
Pre-heat your oven to 350ºF. In a large, oven-proof pan (like a cast-iron skillet), heat the oil & fry the chorizo until slightly crisp. Remove the meat to a paper towel.
Salt & pepper the chicken & lightly coat each piece in flour. Add the chicken to the pan & fry until golden all over. Remove to sit with the chorizo.
Add the onions & garlic to the pan & sauté for a couple of minutes until just beginning to soften. Stir in the rosemary, peppers, mushrooms, olives, small tomatoes, & broth (or wine) & sauté to bubbling. Stir in the can of crushed tomatoes & cook for another minute.
Remove the pan from the heat & stir in the chorizo. Lay the chicken in the pan, skin-side up, & cover with foil. Slide the pan in the oven & bake for about 45 minutes.
Remove the foil & increase the oven temp. to 375ºF & cook for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool a little, & then sprinkle with the fresh parsley before serving. Great with rustic bread to sop up the juices.
Listen to the episode! Fiction Kitchen Episode 32: Pan’s Labyrinth