Diana and Carrie discuss the dark fairytale, including mythological and historical tie ins, Spanish war rations, bottle murder, baby rabbit stew, gutted pigs and lots of nightmarish pale man talk.
- Carrie: Galician Stew
- Diana: Chicken Cacciatore
- Bonus: Sugared Grapes from Carrie’s website Witchy Kitchen!
Bonus: Sugared Grapes on Witchy Kitchen
- “Pan’s Labyrinth” on Guillermo del Toro’s Website
- Wikipedia aka Old Faithful: Pan’s Labyrinth
- Wikipedia: Spanish Civil War
- “Oscar Horrors: Setting The Table for The Pale Man” article on The Film Experience
- “20 Facts About ‘Pan’s Labyrinth’ That Might Make You Believe in Magic” article on Pajiba
- “Pale Man” entry in the Villains Wikia
- “Labyrinths” on Crystalinks
- “Mandrake Root” on Sacred Earth
- Shakespeare’s Ophelia (the inspiration for Ophelia in PL) on Wikipedia
Intro music clip: “Long, Long Time Ago” composed by Javier Navarette. Available on the the “Pan’s Labyrinth” soundtrack.
Outro music clip: “Lullaby” also composed by Javier Navarette and on the “Pan’s Labyrinth” soundtrack.