Carrie and Diana discuss the MANY October happenings in Fiction Food, plus 90s Canadian kids TV, eating fear, non-dairy creamer as a flammable substance, Norweigan sweater color palettes, cucumber sandwiches, and peppermint tea.
- Diana: Cucumber Adventure Sandwiches | Hilda
- Bonus for Hilda: You can see Diana’s cocoa marshmallow art here, and a picture of her ‘Woff’le here!
- #GrimmGrub fandom foodies recipe link-up!
- Carrie’s The Nun-inspired Cabbage-stuffed Hot Cross Buns on Nightmare on Filmstreet!
- Diana’s Starbucks Pumpkin Juice (including the theoretical recipe that you can try)!
- This month marks the 30th anniversary of Tim Burton’s Beetlejuice and 25th anniversary of The Nightmare Before Christmas!
- ”The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell” premieres Oct 12 on Netflix! Other creepy cooking includes the Homicidal Homemaker and The Necro Nomnomnomicon (Eat the Dead).
- More Fall premieres the complete Bee & PuppyCat (finally available for all!), Oct. 5, YouTube, Star Wars: Resistance, Oct. 7, Disney, Doctor Who season 11 (Lady Doctor!), Oct. 7, BBC, Charmed Reboot, Oct. 14, CW, Legacies (Vampire Diaries spin-off), Oct. 25, CW, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Oct 26, Netflix, Channel Zero: The Dream Door (CreepyPasta-inspired), Oct. 26, SyFy.
- Are You Afraid of the Dark?
- 2019 film adaptation announcement.
- “20 Things You Didn’t Know About ‘Are You Afraid of the Dark’” article.
- Nickelodeon 90s Shows, Nick Splat Channel on VRV, article.
- Creator Luke Pearson’s Website
- Graphic Novels Wikipedia
- Netflix Series Wikipedia
- Hilda and the Hidden People novel adaptation (you can check out the design here).
- ”Here Comes Hilda” article on The New Yorker.
- ”Hilda Creatures” app announcement on Bigumaku.
- Fiction Kitchen Podcast theme composed by Jonathan Hartzell.
- Are You Afraid of the Dark opening.
- Hilda the Series opening by Grimes.