Diana and Carrie discuss Lewis Carroll’s delightfully nonsensical novel, the 1951 Disney adaptation, and several others.
Join us! For what use is a book without pictures or conversation?
- Carrie: Queen of Hearts Tarts
- Diana: Cook’s Pepper Cookies
- Bonus: Wonderland Mushroom Scones on Diana’s blog Fiction Food Café
- Lewis Carroll on Wikipedia
- “Lewis Carroll’s Shifting Reputation” by Jenny Wolf, an article in the Smithsonian Magazine about the controversy of Charles Dodgson’s moral character.
- An explanation of and clip from “Through the Keyhole: A Companion’s Guide to Wonderland” included in Disney’s 60th anniversary “Alice in Wonderland” blu-ray.
- Works inspired by Alice in Wonderland
- “10 Whimsical Words Coined by Lewis Carroll” by Angela Tung
- The “Alice in Wonderland” category on Bryton Taylor’s blog “Food in Literature”.
The music in this episode is (intro) “All in the Golden Afternoon” by Sammy Fain and (outro) “The Un-Birthday Song” by Mack David, Al Hoffman, and Jerry Livingston, both songs from the 1951 “Alice in Wonderland” film.