Diana and Carrie discuss the book by L. Frank Baum, the 1939 movie, and various continuations and reimaginings. There’s fruit and nuts, lots of cakes and pies, and lots of dishes inspired by the most famous American fairytale.
- Red Reyna’s “Let’s Eat Fiction” and her Topaz Road trilogy inspired by The Wizard of OZ.
- Christine H. McConnell’s “A 2017 Peculiar Calendar”
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Wikipedia
- List of Oz books
- “Following the Yellow Brick Road: The Real Story Behind ‘The Wizard of Oz’” article on Off the Grid News
- The International Wizard of Oz Club
- “Follow these cookbooks to find Yellow Brick Cornbread” article by Sarah Gish on The Kansas City Star
- Land of Oz theme park in North Carolina
- “11 Versions Of The Wizard Of Oz You May Not Have Heard Of” list on BuzzFeed Community
- “‘Wicked’ Movie Gets 2019 Release Date” on Variety
Intro music clip: “We’re Off to See the Wizard” (from the 1939 film) composed by Harold Arlen. Available for purchase here.
Outro music clip: “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” instrumental version by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole. Available on iTunes here.