Diana and Carrie discuss the sparkly magical anime series, as well as bento, study snacks, parfaits that never were, after school cafe goodies, homemade sprinkles, chicken katsu sandwiches, fruit curry, and more! Note: the episode is nostalgia-laden and inner sensei (inner planet sailor scouts) centric.
- Carrie: Mercury Soda Bubbles Blast & Chicken Katsu Study Sandwich
- Diana: Sailor Venus’ Chicken Curry Fruitopia!
- Bonus: Sailor Moon recipes on Fiction-Food Café (Diana’s blog), including “The Chocolate Parfait that Never Was”, Sailor Moon Inspired Doughnuts, and “Moonie Sundae” inspired by the illustration of the same name by artist Paulina Ganucheau.
- The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook by Emily Ansara-Baines
- Jessica “LuxeandtheLady” on Instagram
- Sailor Moon on Wikipedia
- Naoko Takeuchi on Wikipedia
- Magical Girl genre on Wikipedia
- “The Influence of Magical Girls on Western Animation” article by Caitlin Donovan on Epicstream
- “About Naoko Takeuchi” on Miss Dream, including fashion inspirations
- Beautiful Sailor Moon-inspired dessert series by Katharina at “A Pretty Cake Machine”
- Food from Sailor Moon Cafés; Chibi Usa Café in Tokyo, Sailor Moon Crystal Café in Osaka, and Q-Pot Café in Tokyo
- “We Made Sailor Jupiter’s Out-of-this-World Bento, and You Can Too” on RocketNews24
- “Bento in Sailor Moon”
- “Sailor Sweets Series” on YouTube from Pengulin’s Creative Corner
- Some of Trungles beautiful Sailor Moon fanart
- “Sailor Moon Crystal Café Sweets” Re-Ment, Sailor Moon Petit Chara LandCandy Figures
- Sailor Says: “No one can accuse me of being a picky eater!”
Intro music clip: “Moonlight Densetsu” (90s Sailor Moon opening) tribute version by Momoiro Clover Z. Available for purchase here.
Outro music clip: “Moon Pride” (Sailor Moon Crystal opening) by Momoiro Clover Z. Available for purchase here.