Diana and Carrie discuss the JA White middle grade novel and the HBO miniseries. Spooky modern Sheherazade and midwest gothic folktale with pumpkin pie, oatmeal cookies, kousa mahshi, pineapple upside down cake, ham after ham, all washed down with vodka and amaretto sours.
- Diana: Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Raison Cookies | Nightbooks
Froot Loop Treats & Homemade Lemonade | Nightbooks
Vegetarian Kusa Mihshi (stuffed zucchini) | Nightbooks
- Carrie: Amaretto Pineapple Upside-Down Cake | Sharp Objects
- #ForestFete link-up! The fandom food theme for September: forests, woods, and trees of fiction (and the characters that relate to them in some way).
- “Eat, Skate, Love” Cookbook Fanzine! Here’s the PDF versionand here’s the tumblr for some photos.
- The Dragon Prince on Netflix (premiered Sept. 14th), plus the jelly tarts Diana made for the premier!
- Author J. A. White’s Website
- Read the first 30 pages!
- OwlCrate Jr. Book Subscription Box
- Sharp Objects
- Official Website on HBO
- Author Gillian Flynn’s Website
- Fiction Kitchen Podcast theme composed by Jonathan Hartzell.
- “Spook” by PeriTune (available here).
- “Dietro Casa” by Einaudi Ludovico (available here).