Diana and Carrie discuss the novel by Diana Wynne Jones as well as the Ghibli movie – with fire demon-cooked bacon, luscious cream cakes, magical honey and questionable turnip heads.
- Anime “Yuri on Ice!” featuring Katsudon (pork cutlet bowl), available to watch on Crunchyroll
- Young adult novel Timekeeper by Tara Sim, plus homemade Timekeeper-inspired gingerbread!
- Fandom Foodies website!
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones on Wikipedia
- “Howl’s Moving Castle” film by Studio Ghibli on Wikipedia
- Howl’s Moving Castle on Schmoop
- Hywel Dda (Good King Howel) Welsh King on Wikipedia
- “Castle Series” on Howl’s Moving Castle Wiki
- “Book vs. Movie: Howl’s Moving Castle” on The Readventurer
- “Hayao Miyazaki Film Food–Part Four: Howl’s Moving Castle” on GeekTyrant
- “Sosban Fach” (Little Saucepan) traditional Welsh song on Wikipedia (this is the song Calcifer sings repeatedly in the book)
- Chrestomanci series by Diana Wynne Jones (if you like Howl, you’ll probably like these books!)
- Calcifer’s Sweet & Spicy Bacon from Alison’s Wonderland Recipes
Intro music clip: “Merry-Go-Round of Life” Cover performed by Mononoke Ensemble (originally composed by Joe Hisaishi for the film). Available for purchase here.
Outro music clip: “Sosban Fach” (Little Saucepan).