Diana and Carrie discuss the books that have been ingrained into our culture – plus a Butterbeer Battle, pew pew pew!
- Diana: Mrs. Weasley’s Homemade Toffee
- Recipes Carrie & Diana used for the Butter Beer Battle tasting:
Diana made: #1, #2, & #4 from here, and the first one from here. #4 won.
Carrie made: This one from Popsugar, one from The Roaming Kitchen, and this historical one from “Food Through the Pages” (similar to these from Bryton Taylor, The Tudor Tattler, & Feast of Starlight). They were all served warm. “The Roaming Kitchen” and “Through the Pages” were tied.
- Bonus: Edible Brooms, Chocolate Caramel Wands, Decorated Parfait, Pumpkin Caramel Pot du Créme, Mrs. Weasley’s Magic Fudge from Diana’s Blog.
- Bonus: Pumpkin Juice from Carrie’s blog.
- Inn at the Crossroads Holiday Menus
- Author Rainbow Rowell, especially her books Fangirl and Carry On! (Diana’s Sour Cherry Scone recipe for Carry On here.)
- J. K. Rowling’s Official Site
- “Religious Debates over the Harry Potter series” on Wikipedia + “Muggles for Harry Potter” To Fight Censorship article from “FEN Newswire”. (Note: Diana received her pin! It’s the same as the one she used to have.)
- Harry Potter candies from Jelly Belly
- Bryton Taylor’s Harry Potter recipes on her blog “Food in Literature“
- Deanna’s Sir Nicholas’ 500th Death Day Party Recipes on her blog “Feast of Starlight”
- Koalipops’ Harry Potter Strawberries
- “40 ‘Harry Potter’-Inspired Treats You Should be Making” list on BuzzFeed
- Dina Bucholz’s Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook
- Places you can experience Harry Potter food: Warner Bros Studio Tour London and Universal Studios Wizarding World Hogsmeade
Intro music clip: “Hedwig’s Theme” by John Williams.
Outro music clip: “Firebolt” by Harry and the Potters. Available for purchase here.