Diana and Carrie discuss Disney’s new 2015 movie, Cinderella, the original animated film, as well as Cinderella stories from all over the world! We talk pumpkins, kindness = vegetarianism, practical meanies vs. gentlehearted non-planners, talking fish, gifting trees, and comfortable footwear.
- Carrie: Cinderella Cassoulet
- Diana: Pumpkin Pot Pie
- Bonus: Butterfly Cupcakes on Diana’s Blog Fiction-Food Café
- Charles Perrault’s version of Cinderella, upon which Disney’s animated “Cinderella” is based.
- Though Disney’s 2015 live-action version credits the animated movie and Charles Perrault as its source material, it also draws from the Grimm brothers’ version, at least in the beginning.
- “Cindertree: The Yin and Yang of Cosmic Creation” by John Lundwall
- America’s “Cinderella” by Jane Yolen
- Cinderella; Three Hundred and Forty-Five Variants of Cinderella, Catskin, and Cap o’Rushes by Marian Emily Roalfe Cox (the Free Nook Version)
- Bryton Taylor’s Food in Literature Cinderella Sugar Pumpkin Bowls
- Intro Music Clip: “Life and Laughter” from the Cinderella OST composed by Patrick Doyle
- Outro Music Clip: “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” sung by Lily James, also from the Cinderella OST
PS The star of the movie as far as Carrie is concerned.