Diana and Carrie discuss the classic Cinderella fairytale –with a futuristic, robotic, cyberpunk twist!– in the Marissa Meyer novel Cinder, first book in the Lunar Chronicles series.
*Correction @ ~5:18: Marissa married her fiancé a few months before the release of Cinder, not after. Oops! But it still stands true that he was an awesome support throughout her touring 🙂
- Carrie: Marketplace Tea Eggs
- Diana: Cinder-inspired Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Bonus: Simple Cinder-inspired Mocktail
- Marissa Meyer’s Website
- Marissa’s “Yumminess for Book Club Meetings” (food for Cinder & Scarlet)
- “Cooking with Marissa: Shrimp Wontons” for Cinder (YouTube)
- Diana’s Jan. 2012 Marissa Meyer Author Visit Write-Up with Q & A
- A few of Marissa’s short stories, including the Cinder & Scarlet prequels plus her Little Mermaid retelling.
The intro and outro music clips, “Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots” and “In the Morning of the Magicians”, are both by The Flaming Lips.