Carrie and Diana discuss Joanne Harris’s novel Chocolat (which Carrie gobbled and Diana savored) as well as the 2000 movie – including witchcraft, the dark side of religion, fasting and feasting, a little history and lots and lots of chocolate.
- Carrie: Chocolate Meringues
- Diana: Mendiants & Chili Chocolate ‘Bark’
- Bonus: Diana’s version of Vianne’s Chili-sprinkled Hot Chocolate
- Bonus: Carrie’s Rose Creams for Joanne Harris’ sequel to Chocolat, The Lollipop Shoes
- Video about Chocolat and The Little Book of Chocolat cookbook by Joanne Harris and Fran Warde
- About Chocolat, summary and background, on Joanne Harris’ website
- “Hungry History: The Sweet History of Chocolate” article by Christopher Klein on the History Channel’s website
- The Chocolat series includes Chocolat, The Lollipop Shoes (known as The Girl with No Shadow in the US), and Monsieur le Curé (known as Peaches for Father Francis in the US). Chocolat is also part of the “food trilogy” containing Chocolat, Blackberry Wine, and Five Segments of an Orange. A list of Joanne Harris’ books along with descriptions can be found on her website.
- Koalipops on YouTube
- Christine McConnel on Instagram