Diana and Carrie discuss (squee over) the YA meta fanfiction novel by Rainbow Rowell – mint Aero bars, sour cherry scones, pink gingerbread ladies, more Yorkshire pudding and roast beef, bacon and cinnamon rolls, sage, intensity and brownies, pumpkin mocha breve, and on and on.
- Carrie: Pumpkin Mocha Breve
- Diana: Shepherd’s Pie
- Bonus: Sour Cherry Scones, Bacon Butties, & Bacon Cinnamon Rolls from Diana!
- Bryan Conner at “lvl 1 Chef: Baking through Video Games”. Also on Twitter.
- “Five Fandom Friday” started by TheNerdyGirlie & SuperSpaceChick. March 11th was Favorite Fictional Food! Can be found with #5fandomfriday #fandom5. (Click here for Diana’s 5!)
- Rainbow Rowell’s Official Website
- Carry On page on Rainbow’s Website
- Rainbow Rowell interview: “‘Fangirl’ is definitely my love letter to fandom and fanfiction” on Hypable
- “Rainbow Rowell Says Carry On Isn’t Fanfiction, It’s Cannon” article on Tor.com
- “Rainbow Rowell’s Carry On: meta-fan fiction, or simply a novel?” article on The Guardian
- “10 Reasons Rainbow Rowell’s Fantasy Fangirl Spinoff Carry On Is a Must-Read” article on Barnes & Noble’s website
- “Author Rainbow Rowell Tells Us Which Hogwarts House She Was Sorted Into” interview on PopSugar
- “A Linguist livetweets Rainbow Rowell’s Carry On” by Gretchen McCulloch
- “8 things you never knew about… the cast of Carry On” on My Kinda Book
- “The Baguette Fanfiction Saga” on the Carry On, Simon tumblr
- Simon Snow Tea and Tyrannus Basilton Grimm-Pitch Tea by Cara McGee on Adagio
- Carry On large postcard set, including the one by Lauren Baldo of Simon holding an ice cream cone. Also includes Cara’s tea artwork. There is also a postcard set for Fangirl, which includes two Simon and Baz prints.
Open to US residents only. Ends March 31st @ 11:59 PM EST. One (1) winner will be chosen with a random number generator. Winner will be contacted via email.
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (hardcover), Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (hardcover), The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton (hardcover), two (2) mint Aero Bars, one (1) Sour Cherry Scone Mix, and possibly a couple of extra, themed goodies! Note: Carry On and Fangirl will come pre-stuck with food tabs!
1. Share this episode on your social media (like Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.) and then post the link in a comment. One link per comment. Only one share on a given social media counts (meaning, don’t share on twitter every day and keep commenting with your twitter links). Each comment with a new share link is an entry.
2. Comment separately with your favorite food from fiction!