Diana and Carrie discuss one of the most classic of Christmas tales of all, Charles Dickens’s A Christmas Carol! Some of the best food descriptions of all time, pulls no punches, and if you don’t like it, Bah humbug!
- Carrie: Negus Drink, coming soon!
- Diana: Cratchit’s Homemade Stuffing
- #AslansFeast recipe link-up for December via “Alison’s Wonderland Recipes” & “Fandom Foodies“.
- “Krampus” link-up via “All Roads Lead to the Kitchen” & “Food n’ Flix”.
- “Fantasy Feasts” tumblr blog
- “Nerd to Table: The Ultimate Nerdy Recipe Compendium”
- A Christmas Carol on Wikipedia
- Charles Dickens on Wikipedia
- “History of Christmas” on History.com
- Twelfth Cake on HistoricFood.com a Twelfth Night on Wikipedia
- “How to Serve a Dickensian Christmas Dinner” on The Pietist Schoolman
- Flaming Christmas Punch on “Food Through the Pages”
- Christmas Pudding on “Food in Literature”
- “What’s the Mysterious Cocktail the Cratchits Drink in A Christmas Carol?” on Slate.com
- “Drinking with Charles Dickens–The Smoking Bishop” on Tori Avey
- Christmas Carol Cookbooks:
- A Christmas Carol Cookbook (Hollywood Cookbook)
- Mary Cratchit’s Recipes: the Dicken’s Village Christmas Carol Cookbook
- Dining with Dickens & Drinking with Dickens by Cedric Dickens
Intro music clip: A Christmas Carol main theme composed by Alan Silvestri from “A Christmas Carol” (2009). Available for purchase here.
Outro music clip: “God Bless Us Everyone” sung by Andrea Bocelli from “A Christmas Carol” (2009). Available for purchase here.